The birth of laser technology marked, in the 1960s, a real epochal transition: this technology was in fact capable of radically changing not only the world of industry, but also a great variety of sectors - from medicine to telecommunications, passing through the recovery of monuments and personal care - allowing extraordinary results to be achieved in terms of precision, efficiency and accuracy.
Laser technology applied to the world of industrial production opens the way to achieving extremely satisfactory results, because the laser beam has the ability to act on extremely small parts of the object to be treated, causing intense but punctual overheating. In this way it is possible to obtain very accurate engravings or markings, without damaging the object in any way. Furthermore, the laser allows to carry out engraving, welding, marking or cutting operations in extremely short times, and is therefore more efficient than alternative technologies, as well as more precise.
For all these reasons, lasers are increasingly widespread in the industrial field, and are widely used in the dental technology sector, in the field of jewelry and in the processing of a large amount of materials, especially metal but also plastic.
Laser technology, however, is still relatively “young”, and is therefore the subject of continuous evolution, which is essential for responding to the needs of industrial sectors that are characterized by their constant renewal. For this reason, Elettrolaser invests a lot of energy in the field of research and development, with the aim of offering its customers increasingly advanced, efficient and performing laser marking and welding machines, capable of optimizing their industrial processes.
Elettrolaser Research & Development: focus and objectives
Laser technology is constantly developing, and there are many aspects that are undergoing important evolutions. For this reason our Research & Development department is constantly engaged in the design of lasers able to offer ever better performances, focusing in particular on:
- Optical part: the improvement of the optics allows the laser to act in an ever faster and more precise way, increasing the quantity of materials that can be processed and allowing to go and treat “difficult” objects in terms of shape and size.
- Software: we are committed to developing software that are user-friendly and allow the operator to use the machine intuitively and quickly, easily changing processing and automating the entire process as much as possible.
- Firmware: to simplify the business of our customers, we work on the development of firmware that make it possible to make production processes as stable and repeatable as possible, with a view to automation and performance growth.
- Motorization: we develop machines capable of automating the production process through special motors and automations.
- Auto-detection systems: we work on the implementation of increasingly advanced vision systems, capable of recognizing the pieces to be treated and therefore operating as automatically as possible.
Our Research and Development activity allows us to offer our customers:
- Improvement of the instrumentation: we offer our customers tested and efficient working tools, able to operate satisfactorily with minimal maintenance interventions. Furthermore, our machines can be used intuitively and do not require a long training phase for the operator.
- Process improvement: we not only offer our customers reliable lasers, but tools capable of guaranteeing constant quality of the work performed. In this way it is possible to concretely increase the quality of the finished products.
- Automation and maximization of performance: starting from a great experience in the field of laser design for artisanal production, our Research and Development department works to produce machines capable of automating processes as much as possible, in order to respond better and better also to the needs of the industrial sector. For the same reason we also work on the development of software capable of communicating through standard protocols (ethernet, RS232, etc.), which are fundamental for the world of industry.
- Reduction of space: especially in the field of laser welding machines, we are committed to producing increasingly ergonomic and miniaturized machines, to allow our customers to make the most of the space available to them.
Our research activity translates, concretely, into some of the most advanced tools in our catalog, such as the AWL automatic welding machine and the Dynamic Laser 200, which allows you to repair large objects. These machines, born from our experience in the "manual" laser sector, have been equipped with increasingly advanced instruments, which allow them to operate today in a fully motorized way. Through an HMI developed entirely by the Elettrolaser Research & Development sector, these machines allow you to program welding paths in CNC G-code mode and are able to carry out point to point recognition, with a view to increasing efficiency, stability and production automation.
If you want to know more about Elettrolaser's Research & Development activities and the areas our activity is focused on, download our infographic and contact us!